All natural steam facials are literally LIFE and are oh so therapeutic. This is definitely one of my favorite things to do for my skin, I’ve been doing them for quite a while now. The best part about it is that you can get a beauty spa experience at home without a hefty cost to you, we’re being fiscally responsible in 2018. So what does a steam facial do? Steam opens the skin’s pores while deeply cleansing and rejuvenating all the skin’s layers. Using herbs in this facial is a great way to nourish your skin and it being infused in the water helps it become part of the steam, making it reach deep into your pores as well.
There is no reason to go and buy a face steamer on Amazon. All you need is a few items:
- A large bowl (I use a metal one)
- Tea tree essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
I use parsley because it clears up bacteria-caused blemishes on the skin. Also the vitamin C in this herb speeds up collagen production and can help regulate oil production and soothe tired eyes, which is my biggest facial flaw due to me being sleep deprived. Tea tree oil kills bacteria and reduces the redness of existing blemishes. Rosemary oil has regeneration and anti-aging properties. It rehydrates and tones skin and reduces the appearance of scars and blemishes. Both oils are anti-bacterials! Sidenote: if you suffer from dark spots, add a few lemon slices to the mix.
What to do!
- Wash your face with your current facial cleanser!!!!!! This steam facial is pointless on dirty skin!
- Bring water to a boil. I use a tea kettle to heat the water. If you don’t have a tea kettle you can use a pot.
- Place the herbs (parsley) in a bowl.
- Pour the hot water into the bowl and add 3 drops of each essential oil.
- Make a tent over your head with the towel, and hang your head over the steaming bowl. Make sure not to lean too close!!! Breathe in through your mouth, and out through your nose. You will be able to breath as you would normally when the steam starts to cool down a little.
- Keep your face in the steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry and follow with your favorite facial mask! This is the perfect time to use it because your pores are open and it can further draw out toxins and blemish causing debris.
- Follow with an astringent and moisturizer.
And there you have it. Your own at home beauty spa! Hope you guys enjoy it just as much as I do. Don’t forget to subscribe ♥