First things first. PUT. THE. SODA. DOWN. I haven’t had a soda since I was in middle school (11 years to be exact), I didn’t know much about health then but I knew it was something that I shouldn’t have a lot of. It has no nutrients, has an excess amount of sugar, dehydrates the body, interferes with the body’s ability to absorb nutrients, and is linked to obesity.
If the fizziness of soda is what you’re after, look no more and say hello to its replacement … KOMBUCHA!! Kombucha is considered a healing drink and it’s produced by fermenting tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria and has little to no sugar. That can come off gross to some but there is a such thing as good yeast and good bacteria (an over accumulation of bad yeast and bacteria can affect gut health, which then in turn will affect you in more negative ways, another reason to drink kombucha). I know you’re thinking that kombucha can’t possibly taste as good as a root beer, but you are wrong. They have flavors mimicking your favorite cold drink, as well as a plethora of other flavors. So like I said before, make the switch. Here a few of its amazing benefits:
- Probiotics – healthy bacteria
- Alkalize the body like ACV does – balances internal pH
- Detoxify the liver – happy liver = happy mood
- Increase metabolism
- Improve digestion – keep your system moving
- Rebuild connective tissue – helps with arthritis, gout, asthma, rheumatism
- Cancer prevention
- Alleviate constipation
- Boost energy – helps with chronic fatigue
- Reduce blood pressure
- Relieve headaches & migraines
- Reduce kidney stones
- High in antioxidants – destroy free-radicals that cause cancer
- High in polyphenols
- Improve eyesight
- Heal eczema – can be applied topically to soften the skin
- Prevent arteriosclerosis
- Speed healing of ulcers – kills h.pylori on contact
- Help clear up candida & yeast infections
- Aid healthy cell regeneration
- Reduce gray hair
- Lower glucose levels – prevents spiking from eating
List provided by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition.
My favorite brands:
- Synergy Organic Kombucha
- Holy Kombucha
This is a brand that I recently just came across that I absolutely love. These can be found at Sprouts. Other good brands can be found at HEB, Trader Joes, Kroger, and any other health food stores.
I hope you all have an amazing day. Go get some bucha!
Natural Proverbz, XO♥