Hey guys! Just wanted to share foods that I eat that have helped to clear my hormonal acne, and foods proven to help as well. This has been a struggle of mine as of lately, but learning to embrace and accept my flaws have helped to clear it as well (stress leads to an overproduction of cortisol, which in turn leads to… pimples), continuing to eat healthy, and for the most part make my own natural beauty products, such as my all natural facial serum, have helped tremendously and this journey hasn’t been a bad one. Ironically, a lot of good has come from it. Learning to accept things as they are and embrace every flaw can lead to pure bliss and total self-acceptance. Anywho I’m rambling so let’s get into it.
Let’s start with, FOODS TO AVOID:
- Processed foods
- I know I recently posted that I added greek yogurt back to my diet for the purpose of gaining weight, but if you suffer from severe acne (I have mild, a few blemishes here and there) stay away from dairy and see if it makes a difference, it can cause inflammation of both the gut and the skin. If you absolutely can’t fathom the thought of being dairy free, make sure your dairy comes from GRASS FED COWS ONLY, WITH NO ADDED HORMONES!
- Sugar, sugar, sugar
- feeds bad yeast and candida in the body, increasing acne
- Fried & fast foods
- also causes inflammation
- for some, it can cause inflammation in the gut, which then negatively affects skin
FOODS TO EAT:
- Probiotic foods – kombucha, cultured veggies, probiotic supplements, dairy- free yogurt help crowd out bad bacteria and yeast
- Foods high in zinc – flax, hemp, and chia seeds, pumpkin seedsimprove immunity and heal gut issues, which in turn improves skin health
- Omega-3 foods – wild-caught fish, organic meat, cage free eggs
- Vitamin A foods – kale, spinach, sweet potatoes, carrotssupports healthy skin
- High-fiber foods – veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, oatmealsupports the cleansing of the colon and the growth of good bacteria
- Liver-supportive foods – broccoli, cauliflower, pears, apples
- Vitamin C foods – citrus fruits, berries, dark leafy greens like kalerepairs and regrows skin tissue, as well as protect it from skin damage
- Clean lean protein – organic chicken, grass-fed beef, wild-caught fishbalance blood sugar, which is essential in fighting pimple formation
Hope this helps you all (:
Remember we are all different and what works for me may not work for you.
Subscribe! Natural Proverbz, XO♥