Today I wanted to share an easy face toner recipe with you guys. All this time I was going to beauty stores, such as Ulta, Sephora, Body shop, etc. to buy toners when I could have just been making my own toner all along. Luckily for you, I have the perfect recipe for you to add to your skin care routine. You need very minimal and inexpensive ingredients, and you’ll have lots of tea bags left over for you to enjoy and indulge in during your favorite self care routine. It’s a win win.
What you need:
- Lavender tea
- Green tea
- Apple cider vinegar
- A small spray bottle (I use a toner spray bottle that I bought from Lush cosmetics, recycling is key never throw containers, jars, or bottles away!!)
Green tea has oil balancing properties and unclogs pores. It also gives your skin nice glow.
Lavender tea has cooling and calming benefits which makes it perfect for inflamed skin.
Apple cider vinegar balances the skin’s PH.
What to do:
My spray bottle only hold 1/2 a cup of liquid. If you have a spray bottle that holds 1 cup of liquid, just double the measurements.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water until boiling It is important to use spring water for this toner, you don’t want to use water straight from the tap because it contains fluoride and other hard minerals that can be tough on the skin. I have the PUR water system that filters tap water. I would recommend for you to invest, you’ll save money. (I used to go through bottled water like crazy)
- Add in 1 bag of lavender, and 1 bag of green tea
- Steep tea until it has completely cooled
- Once cooled, add in 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Transfer your toner into the spray bottle
Additional (optional) add ins: 2 drops tea tree oil, vitamin E oil (you can take a vitamin E capsule and use the liquid from that). With the add ins this toner can last for up to 2 weeks. If you choose not to add them, the toner will last for about 7-8 days. This toner needs to be kept refrigerated.
You can use this toner in the morning and before bedtime!
Enjoy! Please share this post and subscribe, it really supports my blog. XOXO♥